When I shared the details of Colby’s Bow Wow Birthday Bash over here, I shared that we made homemade dog treats. Well, what I neglected to share was the easy recipe to whip up a batch of your own for a canine friend.
This recipe can be loosely modified (story of my life), but my favorite part is that this uses wholesome ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen.
To make a batch of 5 Ingredient Dog Treats, you need:
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter (we prefer crunchy, but smooth and creamy both work!)
- 1 cup milk
Once you have your ingredients, you simply …
- Combine the dry ingredients (flours and baking powder) in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk and peanut butter in a separate bowl. Stir this until the peanut butter is thinned down and smooth.
- Gradually stir the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Kneed by hand until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll the dough using hands or a rolling pin and cut using cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 min at 400 degrees. Bake time will vary based on thickness of the treats.
I had a dog bone shaped cookie cutter that I used to make the treats. Initially, I was going to make a smaller biscuit in the shape of a dog using another cutter; but Dear Hubs informed me it was “weird” for a dog to eat something dog shaped. What have you …. The recipe above makes about 2 dozen mid sized treats, it’s tough to give a precise measurement since your cutter will determine the quantity.
And just like that, sweet Colby had some treats! He was kind enough to share them with our buddy Pepper down the street, too.
Sharing at: A Stroll Thru Life, Smart Schoolhouse, Thrifty Home, Stone Gable, Elizabeth & Co, Someday Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, Coastal Charm, DIY Showoff , Huckleberry Love, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Romantic Home, The Shabby Nest, From My Front Porch To Yours, The Turquoise Home, Up to Date Interiors, French Country Cottage Redoux Interiors, Liz Marie, Chica on a Shoestring, Whipperberry, Just Us Four, The Remodelaholic,Miss Mustard Seed, Jennifer Rizzo, Ivy and Elephants, Hope Studios, The Stichin Mommy, Answer is Chocolate, Happy and Blessed Home, Artsy Fartsy Mama, A Glimpse Inside, Living Well Spending Less, A Handful of Everything, Just us Four