After the freezing temps we had across the south about 10 days ago, seeing 60 degrees on my car dashboard thermometer last weekend was a welcome event! One of my least favorite parts of January is the cold temperatures, this Georgia Peach’s blood is just too thin for winter!
Now, snowman crafts are perfectly fitting for the entire winter season from Thanksgiving until spring, but I prefer to keep mine on reserve until January. It seems to give my family something to look forward to after packing up my beloved Christmas decor. Plus, with elves, Christmas cookies, brunch and all the fun events that go along with December … well, we just have enough to do already!
Just before heading out the door for dinner with friends, I whipped up these cookies for the littles. They came together in NO time flat and transported with ease.
To make, you need …
- Mini M&Ms
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tub of white frosting (I used the whipped type)
- Marshmellows (large size)
- Mini Reese’s cups
In a flash, you simply…
- Make a batch of cookies. I keep a few mixes unhand for times like these and whipped up chocolate chip ones for this cookie fun.
- Put the icing in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir. The icing should be runny and smooth.
- Take the large marshmallows and cut them in half.
- Using a tablespoon, poor a dollop of the warm frosting on the cookie. It will puddle and run off the sides like a glaze. Be careful not to use toooooo much else it will be messy if the entire cookie gets covered.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the frosted cookie.
- Place two brown M&Ms on the cookie.
- Take the carrot and shave off a small piece. I found easiest to cut a round slice and then cut a corner of that for my snowman’s nose. Add the carrot bit to the cookie.
- Unwrap the mini Reese’s and run the top of the peanut butter cup in the white frosting. Place the PB cup upside down (frosting side down) on top of the marshmallow.
I tried making some that still looked like intact snowmen but thought the disheveled ones were far cuter! (ex: back left corner)
Voila! Melted snowmen are served!